Monday, January 29, 2007

7 Years ago.....



On January 29th Jonathan & I celebrated our 7th anniversary! It sure doesn't seem like it's been 7 years since we said our wedding vows. A LOT has happened in those 7 years, so maybe time just flies when your having fun!

This is NOT the best picture of us, but I thought it was funny that when I tried to find a picture of just the two of us, it was IMPOSSIBLE! In fact, it's hard to find a picture WITH one of us in it! That's the price you pay when you spend your life behind the camera trying capture every cute move your children make-LOL!






Here is my:
"Top 7 Reasons Why I Love Being With Jonathan"
  1. I get a front row seat the 1,000 different "voice talents" Jonathan can imitate (for the record I still laugh every time he does Hank Hill & Homer Simpson).
  2. I have the good pleasure of being introduced to new music on a regular basis, as well as new "up and coming" music talent. Because of this, I may be the only female this side of the Mississippi that knows who the heck Andy Timmons or The Derek Trucks Band is and what the name of their last albums are.
  3. He still tells me I'm beautiful....even after three kids and all the "love marks" they left behind (and by that I mean ON my behind!).
  4. He lets me be "me". I talk too much & say stupid things ALL THE TIME & he just laughs at me & shakes his head. He "gets me"...which is a really hard thing to do considering that I don't always "get me".
  5. He completes my thoughts when I've forgotten what the heck I was getting ready to say...or meant to say & it came out wrong (that's what being a mother of three kids 5 and under will do to you).
  6. He has a beautiful smile & gorgeous blue eyes to match!
  7. Each year with him gets better and better...............................

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww. . how sweet! What a wonderful tribute to your man.

Jon looks just like Chandler in that picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's uncanny.

Hope you get to make up for the bum weekend.

Amber said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Chandler looks like ME!!!! (sigh) How did all three of my kids end up looking like a "White"? Maybe I should have ONE MORE, just to see if I'll have one turn out like me :-)

*I really hope we get a weekend "do-over"....but it's not looking too good right now :-( Maybe by April we will have another free weekend with three available babysitters! What were we thinking when we decided that the end of January was a good time to get married? I just love having my anniversary during the worst cold/flu time of the year! This makes 7 straight years of anniversary sabotage!

1-Great-Grandma died & we had to travel to IL for the funeral. It was RECORD low temps that weekend and I got a cold.

2-The Great 2002 Ice Storm! We had a 8 week old baby and we spent all our money on a generator because we had no power...oh, and Jon got some wicked flu!

3-I was pg with Chandler and sick, sick, sick!

4-Oh...we did actually get to stay in a hotel this year!!! McKenna had the flu & Chandler was only 7 months old, but my Mom watched them anyway :-)

5- I was pg with Maya this year and still feeling sick because of that. BOTH of the kids got the stomach flu the day before I was going to fly to GA to meet Jon. My mom still watched the kids for me so I could go. The very night I landed in GA to meet up with Jon I got the same bug the kids had & I spent most of our "romantic getaway" puking!!

6- I had the worlds WORST sinus infection last year!!!

7-McKenna gets the flu, and we have to cancel all our plans!

I think we need to celebrate our wedding vows in June from now on, because we don't have a very good "record" going for January-LOL!

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so sorry your plans were ruined. That has recently happened to us and it is way beyond frustrating.

Happy Anniverary!!! You guys have been through a lot together!! It will get better, like you said, with each year. After sixteen years together, I can't believe how far James and I have come. You have much to look forward to.

Congratulations!!! The picture looks great! Have someone take a few fun shots of you guys. I went back to do a photo album of our years together and I had a hard time finding very many pics. It's so fun to look back and see ourselves.

Faith said...

Congratulations! We also have a January anniversary so I understand your frustration all too well! Maybe you can put the kids to bed early, light a bunch of candles, order your favorite take out . . . and pretend you are far away? We've done that before during desperate times! :)

Anonymous said...

The other 998 voices tell me to slowly kill you.




But they don't come out very often so Amber's safe!!!!! :)

Just kidding. Thanks for the props honey! I love you too. :)

Amber said...

Faith-
We ordered Outback that night & tried to make the best of it :-).

I forgot you also had a January anniversary. Who told us that was a good month to pick? I guess it is a cheap time of year to get married....so at least that was a plus -LOL!

Anonymous said...

Andrew and I thought we would be smart and get married in July--what we didn't take into consideration was that he would be a youth pastor and be on a missions trip every year. Nothing says romance like eating fast food with junior high guys while they talk about farting.
michaela

Anonymous said...

Now that's funny, Michaela! I guess I shouldn't say anything about how great an October anniversary is.

Amber, you guys are a cute couple!!! Congrats, again!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny, Michaela! That's actually very sad. . .

Amber said...

Michaela-
You're too funny!

*My birthday is in July & I swear that I was ALWAYS on a missions trip for my birthday. In fact, that's how I really got to know Jonathan. We left for a missions trip ON my 17th birthday, and I got to skip having to ride in the sweaty 15 passenger van (O.K....I used that as my reason to get to ride with the cute 22 year old guy!) I rode with him in his jeep all the way to Texas (with 3 three other youth group kids)& loved every minute of it!

After that trip we started dating...and 10 years later-here we are!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!