Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Thank You!

If you were wondering if I survived the marathon....the answer is "YES"! I've been very busy (and still a bit tired) since I got home, so I've not been able to do an "update" on the marathon experience just yet. Unfortunately this post is just a quick "I'm still alive" update-LOL!

I did want to say a big "Thank You" to everyone who helped me achieve a big dream of mine this past Sunday. You have no idea what your love, prayer, and support has meant to me. Aside from my wedding day and the birth of my three children, this past Sunday was one of the most memorable moments of my entire life! I almost can't explain it & I STILL can't talk about the finish line experience without tearing up. It was......amazing!!



THANK YOU!

*When I receive my finish line photos I'll post my entire "marathon story".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear about your trip!! Wish I could have been there to cheer for you when you crossed the line.

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! I can't wait to hear all the details!! I really am proud of you-you totally set your mind to something and finished (even enduring pain) You ROCK!!!
michaela

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!

Amber said...

Karen, Michaela & Jules....my faithful blog readers :-)! Thank you so much for all your love and support! I can't wait to see you girls and tell you all the details.

I also wanted to thank you three for your patience with me as I went through all the training and fundraising. I'm sure you guys got tired of hearing my weekly "freak out" stories, or the way I started every sentence with "well, this weekend I've got more 'marathon stuff' to do".

You three were my on-line/off-line cheerleaders from the beginning & I'll always remember that! During my 5+ hours of running on Sunday I thought of you girls more than once, and had to smile at all the little things you said and did to help me believe I could do this. You guys are awesome friends!!

Anonymous said...

awwwwwww. . .. smile.

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!