Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Dear Starwood....

Thank You.....
For choosing such a thoughtful health care plan that includes......zip....zilch....nadda....NOTHING! Thank you for seeing to it that our awesome "plan" does NOT cover ANY of Chandler's allergy, eczema, or asthma related medications. Thank you.....for seeing to it that our co-pays go UP each year while our benefits go DOWN. That was so thoughtful of you to make our family pay 1/3 or our yearly salary for "benefits" that do us no good. I really enjoyed having to spend $80.77 on Albuterol and the "AeroChamber Plus" tonight, just so my son could breathe without puking. Such a delight! What would I do without our rocking "benefits". You "saved" me $13 whole dollars at Walgreens tonight. Wow! Where would I be without those kind of "benefits"?

Oh, and I thought I might also add how much I enjoy watching my 3 year old son claw his skin till' it bleeds, while he wipes his runny nose on his bed sheets, while drawing in a wheezy shallow breath. Fantastic!

Can I get an 800 number to call and find out what exactly you DO cover? Because, so far I'm having a hard time figuring out what exactly is covered under my "plan". While I DO enjoy paying 90% of the cost for our prescriptions, I'm just wondering if there is any drug category you actually cover at oh, say.....50%. I'd be tickled pink if you payed at least that much some times.


*Anyone wanna guess what kind of Monday I had....

4 comments:

zibaby said...

Ahh! the wonderful world of insurance.
Chances are, your prescription cost goes down significantly once you reach your deductible for the year. For example, if you payed $50.00, it will be like $10.00 for any prescriptions the rest of the year (once you reach your deductible which I'm guessing is about $500). Chances are also that, since your family is typically healthy and rarely see the doctor, you won't reach your $500 deductible for the year, so you will probably never get a cheap prescription, unless it's for something like Tylenol?
Fun, huh?
sister trish

Anonymous said...

EEK!! Insurance companies. . .gotta love them.

Sorry about your Monday. Is Chandler doing okay?

Amber said...

Trish-
If anyone knows the pain of insurance CRAP, you would be that person! I really have no right to complain compared to the stuff you have been through with insurance companies.

We pay a certain % for Rx's. It's never a flate rate (like an even $10). I've never heard of a Rx plan like ours. We don't use our Rx coverage very often, but it seems like when we do...THAT particular drug isn't covered (how convienient).

Joyce Collins said...

Before facing those awful prices try this for the exzema

http://www.woodlandnaturalremedies.com/canwebsite/virgin_coconut_oil_canada.html

Sometimes children can be relieved from their asthma attack by getting an enema! If they are constipated it pushes up on their little lungs and causes an asthma attack that is relieved as soon as they get rid of all the back up!!!!
So, now you have heard from "Dr" Joyce!!!! :?)

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!