Monday, September 11, 2006

Marathon Training Lessons!

1) When preparing to run 10 miles (for the first time ever) DO NOT decide to change the insoles in your new running shoes the night before. Doing so could cause MAJOR shoe issues if you have not tested out this new endeavor beforehand.

2)"ON THE LEFT"...really means "move over lady, you're too dang slow!"

3) Goose poop is REALLY slippery.

4) The hill right before the Antioch/College intersection is a KILLER when you have to tackle that monster at the very END of your 10 mile run.

5) Body glide is a good thing!

6) So is Nature's Path organic "Optimum Power Breakfast Cereal" (with flax, soy, and blueberry).

7) It's really hard to talk and run after the 5 mile mark.

8) *My City* sucks because we don't have any sidewalks to run on!

9) Taking an "ice bath" is a learned art form (notice how I'm trying to keep my toes from incurring any frostbite damage-LOL!).



*Can you say BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!



10) TWO 25 lb bags of ice is TOO MUCH ice for said "ice bath" (I'll be going back to the ONE bag method...)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

And now for the "Bead Selling" pics! (Just one of the creative little ways I'm trying to earn $$$ for my marathon).


* Don't worry Mom, we were just SELLING those beads. By the end of the day the "Mardi Gras" comments were getting really old!


MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!