Thursday, August 24, 2006

Party "do-over"

We DID get to throw a birthday party for Maya last weekend. Everyone was finally well and puke/fever-free for 48 hours-YAY! Although, I must admit after this last party I told myself "never again"! My house is just way too small for big party functions. I think I like the idea of having birthday parties somewhere else...where I don't have to do so much work!

Despite all the work, I think everyone had a good time. Except, maybe...the party girl :-(! Poor Maya has been working really hard on her first molars & the little thing was just a mess that day. I really felt bad for her.


Nothing made her happy. Nothing!


Not the cake!



Not even the removal of the obnoxious "Birthday Princess" hat.




We had to hurry through the cake and present time of the party, so I could put her to bed!!


THIS was the highlight of the whole party (for Maya at least). Our good friends Grant and Emma bought her a "Lily Leap Pad" doll & She LOVED it! This was the only gift that she even acknowledged that night (she found a deeper appreciation for the other gifts the next morning).

Yep, the birthday girl had to go to bed with all of her guests still "partying". But, I don't think she really cared. As soon as her little head hit the mattress, she was OUT! So, there you have it, proof that we really did have a "real" birthday party for little Maya. Maybe next year she will enjoy it a little more ;-).

2 comments:

Faith said...

Funny, sometimes I have a party just for the "photo opps" so we can say we did it! Do you remember Becca's first BD at Celebration? We had a pinata that she was far too young for, and we played a penny game . . . which was not only ridiculous, but kinda dangerous to be around a one year old! Oh well, live & learn!

We have gotten pretty good at coming up with other places to have parties besides our house! We have done everything from going to the movies to Chuck E Cheese (several times) with a few friends. Neil says it is worth every cent to not see me stress out over how the house looks and having everything done. ;) Our kids are allowed to invite one friend for every year of their life . . . of course, Becca is 10 now so we may have to re-think that, by 16 things might get crazy!

Just think, you can look back at the pictures and remind Maya how much fun she had at her first BD party!;)

So much for a comment, I think I just wrote a book! LOL

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. ;)

Rhea

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!