Wednesday, August 02, 2006

"Alex, I'll take USB cables for $100"

And the question is:
"Where does my USB cable disappear to all of the time?"

The Answer:
"Where is...Maya's crib?"

THAT'S CORRECT!


OK, so we are no strangers to all sorts of "cables" around our house. With a husband that works on computers by day, and plays guitar by night, well, we've got A LOT of random cables floating around our house. But, the fact that my children now fashion them as scarves, necklaces, earrings, super-hero capes, and now security blankets has me a bit concerned.

The USB cable just so happens to be Maya's favorite as of late. Every. Single. Time. I go to download pictures off of my camera I have to go hunt down the last remaining USB cable (she shorted out the first one by sucking on the end of it all the time-LOL!)& it seems like I always find it in Maya's possession. How this one made it into her crib.....oh, I can only guess that it had some "help" making it in there. What? Do you really think I let her take it to bed?? (McKenna likes to deliver "toys" to Maya when she is in her crib & I often find things that are not really "toys" in Maya's crib). How this baby is ever going to make it to her 5th birthday is still a question I can't answer....God save her, because I'm sure doing a horrible job :-0!
_____________________________________________________________________________________

On another note....


"Hi there"


Just looking out the window...


"Now, I wonder how I can't get this thing off of here..."

8 comments:

zibaby said...

have I mentioned lately how much I love that little face?

MAN! she looked so much bigger next to Z-man the other night.

Anonymous said...

Amber, I am glad we can trust a Higher Power than ourselves when it comes to our children's well being! Poor Anjelia. . .

The cable addiction is really funny!

Anonymous said...

That's really funny! My kids love the key to the treadmill. I can never find it . . .never thought to check the crib before :)

Love the window pics, adorable! Evely was doing the exact same thing today standing on the arm of the couch.

Amber said...

Trish-
Today while I was holding Zion I very clearly remembered what it was like to snuggle Maya when she was just as tiny. I just can't believe that she is going to be ONE next week! Snug that little guy because pretty soon he is going to look just as BIG next to the newborns (sniff...).

Amber said...

Jules-
Every night McKenna has me pray with her when she goes to bed & I always thank God for his protection over my children. When I'm tempted to think God DID give me more than I could handle, something will happen that reminds me that I am not the only one in charge of protecting these little ones.

Praise God for the little blessings in our life; without all the little blessings that happen we would never live to see the BIG ones!

Amber said...

Karen-
Hey there! It's good to see you are still among the living!! I'm so sorry you have been so sick :-( It's good to have you back!

Sometimes I'm really "blond". I guess I didn't know that treadmills have a key....or that YOU even had a treadmill. How did I miss that one?

Anonymous said...

Yes, treadmills do have keys - it's a safety feature. AND yes, we do have a treadmill downstairs. I'm sure you never notice it because it's always folded up against the wall NOT being used! Bad me, bad me.

Amber said...

I saw it on Sunday :-)

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!