Wednesday, July 05, 2006

...and this is now!

Chandler just celebrated his THIRD birthday on the 26th of June! I still can't believe my "little" guy (who is actually not so small anymore) is already 3! I'm still trying to learn how to "treasure the little moments", because I know there will always be more "little" moments in raising my children than big ones.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Channy is my constant reminder of God's deep love for me. I don't think I would have learned how to rely on God's grace and provision in my life so readily had it not been for the miracle of this little boy. God knew that I needed a "Chandler" in my life to teach me some lessons that have be hard to learn on my own.


_____________________________________________________________________________________
One of the most precious things I have had the privilege of experiencing while raising my little brood has been the "mother/son" relationship. It's different than raising the girls. I'm not even sure I know how to put it into words, but it's something special. I will always treasure my little guy because he has, and always will, own a special place in my heart!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Chandler!!!

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing woman, Amber.

There *is* something special about the mother/son connection. No doubt about it. :)
Rhea

Anonymous said...

what great pics of you guys! A Boy is a Joy!!

Amber said...

Thanks, Rhea.
I don't feel very amazing most of the time....blessed....but not amazing :-).

I really love having a little boy. Growing up with only sisters was kinda rough sometimes. For that reason I'm glad my girls have a brother to even things out a bit. At least that's how I hope it will be-LOL!

Amber said...

Karen-
Do you see Channy's little hand next to my face? About .5 second after Jon took that picture he hit me in the mouth (not in an angry way...in that stubborn toddler way) & said NO...NO MAMA...NO KISS!

*Sigh...boys :-).

One day he will be chasing the girls trying to get them to kiss him. LOL!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! I can just see him doing that. Sounds like my little boys.

I love it when Tom kisses me and Julian says "ooooohhhhh that's soooo grooooossss!!!" It just cracks us up. I never thought I would get to that stage but it's here and it's hilarious.

Amber said...

So you are already at "that" stage. I thought that didn't start till' they were much older. I guess I have a lot to learn about the elementary age child. My day is coming....

Anonymous said...

I always wanted a little boy. I love having four girls, though. I imagine I will have several grandsons someday to enjoy.

You are a great mother, Amber.

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!