Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Wedding Weekend!

Last weekend Jonathan and I had the RARE opportunity to spend a little time together without 4 little children in tow. Jonathan's friend from work was getting married and Jonathan sang a solo at the wedding which meant we had to attend the rehearsal on Friday & then the wedding on Saturday. The wedding was about an hour and a half away, so we thought it would be easier if the kids just spent the night at grandma and grandpa's to cut down on travel time for the weekend.

It's been a long time since Jon or I were any part of a wedding & I had forgotten about all the little details that go into such a special event. However, I have to say this was one of the most relaxed and easy going couples I have ever had the pleasure of being with. From all appearances, this bride and groom were able to do something that I think a lot of engaged couples struggle to do.....relax! The rehearsal went smoothly & the dinner afterwards was a blast! In typical fashion, my husband made an unlikely connection (sing it with me! "it's a small world after all....." ) with the bride's brother-in-law & I think a new business partnership may have been forged-LOL! It's a long story, but those two meeting made for one of the funniest moments of the night! Well, that and when Jonathan and I told the whole wedding party the story about the time Jon almost killed my parents dog when he kicked it in the head (accidentally) with a croquet ball. They all laughed hysterically when we got to the part of the story about the dog wetting himself every time he saw or heard Jon enter the room from that day on. That's a good story.....always a crowd pleaser! Hehe!

Long story short, it was a beautiful wedding weekend! It was so much fun to witness two people unite their hearts and lives in a fresh new union. I love new beginnings, new love, and fresh starts! It always gives me such a sense of hope to see that two people found love & fully embraced it because they believed in one another.  It's a beautiful thing to behold  & I have to admit it made me a little misty eyed to witness such a lovely union!

After the wedding ceremony the reception was outdoors, and even the thick humidity and mud puddles from the mornings rainstorm didn't put a damper on the fun! We ate, we drank, we danced.....oh, it's been such a long time since I danced that much! My husband isn't much for dancing, but about halfway through the night the groom's brother came and asked Jon if he could dance with me (we think he needed a "safe" dance partner because he was being followed by a decidedly "tipsy" female out on the dance floor-ha!) & then before we knew it Jon was out on the dance floor too. By the end of the night I was drenched with sweat & ready to throw myself in the swimming pool at the clubhouse, but I resisted figuring my new dress may not serve as a very good swim suit!

One the drive home Jon and kept talking about what a wonderful weekend we had just enjoyed & how we can't remember the last time we laughed that much. We actually slept in for once & had more than one conversation go uninterrupted....amazing what that will do for a couple! Now, if we could just find some more friends who are getting married......... ;-)

I LOVE old Churches! So beautiful!





David and his brother.


Jon and his new best friend! Ha!!


Beautiful reception!


Aww, the first dance. :-)

No comments:

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!