Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"What's For Dinner?" - Wednesday Edition

In an effort to do something "just for fun" on my blog, I'm introducing "What's for dinner Wednesday's". I hope I help some of you come up with fun new recipes for dinner & maybe even give myself some extra motivation to cook something new every once and a while. I LOVE to cook, but I don't get to do it as often as I'd like. However, with a family of 6 to feed now I spend enough time in the kitchen to share a recipe or two with you guys :-).

So, here goes nothing........
Here we have grilled salmon & Asian orange salad.













We grilled several meats tonight. There was hot dogs for the kids, and I had Jon throw some smoked chicken and apple sausages on the grill as well.










This is a multi-grain batard I buy fresh from the bakery.












That's a grilled pineapple salsa on the left, and the Asian orange salad on the right.












Asian Salad-
-Spring Mix salad
-mandarin oranges
-red pepper
-canned garbanzo beans
-cooked edamame beans
-sliced almonds
-Wish Bone
Light Asian with Sesame and Ginger Vinaigrette.

Grilled Pineapple Salsa-
-One whole pineapple
-1/2 a cucumber
-1/2 red pepper

*Peel, core and slice pineapple. In a cast iron skillet brown sides of sliced pineapple spears for about 2 minutes per side. Remove skillet from heat and let pineapple cool. Dice red pepper, and cucumber (very small). When pineapple is cooled finely dice it and add it to the red pepper and cucumber. Serve with corn chips!

*The Salmon and Smoked Chicken & Apple sausages I just bought at Sam's Club ;-)

That's what's for dinner at our house!

2 comments:

Elisa Seaba said...

ok im IMPRESSED! if i gave a what's for dinner on wednesdays i would have to take a picture of a mcdonalds sign ;)

Amber said...

Hehe! Oh, we have plenty of those nights too! One reason I cooked something healthy tonight was because we are coming off of 2 solid weeks of eating "quick stuff" (read: fast food, pizza, take out, etc.) for dinner because I was so worn out from everyone being sick!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!