Friday, April 24, 2009

This is what happens...

...when your formerly potty trained three year old decides "today I don't think I feel like being potty trained". Yes....Miss Maya is going to be the end of me! After not one, but TWO accidents (before 10:00 am) on the living room carpet on Friday I said "screw it.....I'm gonna steam clean the whole dang living room". And, that's just what I did!
Ah, the OCD side of me feels completely satisfied now! My husband thought I was losing my mind when he came home to find all the living room furniture shoved into the dining room and hallway, but he is getting used to these sort of shenanigans in our home. 

*It's settled now....we will send Judah off to potty training boot camp when the time comes. I don't think I signed up for this sort of ridiculousness when I agreed to become a mom. NONE of my kids have been easy to potty train. It would appear that while I am very good at some aspects of mothering, this whole "put your pee & poo  in the toilet" thing is one area where I am sorely lacking. I've all but given up on Maya, and I don't know if I'll ever have the courage to start with Judah. Maybe I'll just wait until he trains himself...oh, wait....I forgot we are sending him off to boot camp! :-0!

2 comments:

karen said...

Hi Amber! For some reason your pictures aren't opening on your blog. I must say, I am curious to see the picture on this post! :)

I hate potty training too. Those were some of the worst times. This too shall pass. One day they will all put their stuff in the right spot. I think we now haven't had an accident for 6 months - that's a record!! You will get there. I'm rootin for Maya!

I have Jaden's Kindergarten screening on Wed. I can't believe it. sniff.

Amber said...

Karen-
I have no idea why my pictures wouldn't be loading?? Jon said he could see them at work today, so maybe you have something disabled on your computer....who knows? The picture is just my bare living room (well, Judah is in his car seat in the corner of the picture).

I freaking hate potty training! That's probably why my kids don't do so well...they can sense my frustration. At least Maya didn't have any accidents today. How a child can go for weeks with no accidents & then go right back to peeing her pants & wetting the bed is beyond me! I'm about to become one of those crazy people that do the whole "E.C" (elimination communication) thing with Judah. Maybe if I start him now he will get the hang of it by 3!!

I signed Maya up for pre-school last week! EEK! And to think I thought she was my baby! This time goes by way too fast :-(

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!