Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My sweet family!

I feel like just having a "brag on my family day :-) So, here goes...

First, a cute story about McKenna:
The other day McKenna came home from school and announced that she had been invited to a costume party that another little boy in her class was throwing. I told her we had got the invitation in the mail, but I wasn't sure if I wanted her to go to a party at someone's house we didn't know very well. I asked her if she knew the little boy, and she said "well....no, not very well... but he told me he wanted me to come to his party & I think I should go". When I asked her why she thought she needed to go to his party she said "Because he doesn't have any friends & everyone is mean to him, and makes fun of him, so I need to be his friend!".

WOW! I almost cried right there on the spot! I was so impressed that my little girl had such mature thoughts and ideas. I don't know what I did to deserve such a great kid, but I do know that I'm blessed to have her! Oh.....and she WILL be going to this costume party on Friday night (with her daddy!).

Speaking of our "Daddy", I think he deserves some sort of medal after all he has done the past couple of weeks! One of our biggest concerns about having a 4th child was figuring out how we were going to manage the chaos and mayhem of life with 4 children 6 and under!! However, Jonathan has stepped up to the plate, and he is making this transition look easy. It's no easy task to wrangle our 3 oldest kids, but he has done a super job these past 3 weeks & I think I love him more right now than I ever have in our whole 12 years together. :-) Just last night he came home from work and went straight outside to mow the lawn until sundown. Then, he came inside and bathed all three kids, got them ready for bed, read to them, sang to them, and put them to sleep. THEN, he cleaned the whole kitchen before he went to bed! What a guy!

I know I'm blessed beyond measure to have such a wonderful husband, and believe me... not a day goes by that I don't thank the Lord for him :-). I don't know how I got so lucky, but I'm so very thankful to have him as my best friend. I don't know how I would keep my sanity raising four little kids without a partner like Jonathan.

Now, for some random cute pictures....

Everyone in our house is mesmerized by the cuteness of Judah-LOL! We really do just sit around and stare at him while he sleeps. It's the cutest thing in the whole world to walk into the room and see the older 3 huddled around the swing watching him :-). I love it!









Maya in a rare "shy and sweet" moment. It's true that in recent days I've been heard to say "three is not my favorite age...", but every so often she will do or say the sweetest thing & redeem herself in an instant!















How come you never remember how dog gone TIRED you feel during the newborn days?? Is that God's way of making you crazy enough to do this all over again?










*(NO... I am not trying to say there will be any more little White's in the future. God didn't make me so crazy that I forgot to seek a surgeon's help in ending that possibility once and for all! We are not in a competition with that family from Arkansas!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber you look so peaceful asleep with little Judah! Love this photo! And you are lucky ..McKenna is such a special girl. And Jon a great dad! And hold little Judah as much as you want.... they grow up way too fast!
Jodi

Amber said...

Thanks! Something about holding Judah makes me sleepy too! He is so snuggly that it has a domino effect I guess.

They do grow up way too fast. Jonathan and I were just saying the other day how big he has gotten since he was born. I hate that they don't stay little for long!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!