Monday, October 13, 2008

2 Weeks Already!

Little Mr. Judah is two weeks old already & I'm once again reminded of how fast time flies when you have a newborn. He still sleeps most of the day, but that doesn't stop me from cuddling him all the time. He is quite the cuddle-bug & he's starting to show signs of being a wee bit spoiled from all the snuggles by refusing to sleep in his own crib at night...but you won't hear us complain about that ;-).

Now that Judah is here with us I finally feel like our family is complete. He filled in that "missing piece", and it's amazing how easily everyone has adapted to having him around. In a way it feels like he has always been a part of our family...he just "fits".

I'm going to try to get some better pictures soon, but I thought I would share a few cute ones I took yesterday. Enjoy!

Sweet little feet.













Monkey toes!













Sleepy face.


















I call this the "newborn curl". It's Judah's favorite position & I think it's the cutest thing ever :-).












Such a serious little man.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE PICS, AMBER!!! Glad you aren't too tired to capture those things that we tend to forget as they grow up and run around and make messes. Can't believe he's already two weeks.

Hope you are doing well and feeling good.

Amber said...

Hey, Salmon! HA!!!!!

Yep, I'm trying to remember to take pictures every now and then. I wasn't so good with Maya, but I'm still trying to be better. Being the youngest kid in the family sucks when you don't have any pictures of yourself until you hit the school age years & the school takes on that responsibility. Jonathan and I have no record of our infant years because we were both the "baby" of the family.

I'm doing OK. I'm tired a lot, but that's pretty normal. As long as I get a shower every other day then I'll consider that a victory-LOL! It's funny how quickly one can adapt to life with a newborn :-)

Anonymous said...

The one good baby picture I have is the one that made my wife call me "sweaty baby."

A comb! A comb would have been good ma...!

Anonymous said...

Amber he is so adorable. Great photos too! You do have the most amazing family! And yes...it does seem "complete" now huh? I am happy for you and Jon !! I will watch your blog closely so I can see about all of your wonderful experiences of being a mother of four !!
Jodi

Amber said...

Hi, Jodi!
One thing is for sure...my life won't be "dull" for quite some time-LOL!

The kids want you to come back soon for dinner. Isn't that cute? McKenna and Chandler could not understand why they didn't see you at the KC marathon on Saturday (or why I wasn't running-hehe!), and they asked if you were going to come back to our house for dinner sometime. I think they like you or something??? :-)

Anonymous said...

Amber-
That is so awesome! You tell your kids I will be back over! I just love your family! Your kids are so awesome! Actually how about I come over one night and babysit so you and Jon can go out to dinner? That would be fun! I bet you need a break! Talk to Jon and pick a night!
Jodi

Amber said...

Wow, Jodi! That is the sweetest thing anyone has offered to do yet :-). Not even our very own family members offer to do that!! I'll see if we can't figure something out soon :-).

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!