Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Baby Love + Some FYI

I realized after I posted the slide show that I never really gave any info regarding Judah's arrival. For those of you that did not already know, our little guy arrived on September 29th at 8:49 pm. He was a whopping 8 lbs 14 oz and 20 inches long. Yes...he did arrive about 12 days ahead a schedule, but that was a last minute decision made by my midwife and I. I have a history of very fast labors, so when we found out that I was already 5 cm and 90% effaced at my regular appt on the 29th, we decided to go ahead and just break my water that night at the hospital & get the show on the road...instead of having the baby on the side of the road in the days to come!

The induction went beautifully & I only ended up having about 75 minutes of "real" labor to deal with. Although, those people that tell you there is no difference between a 6 lb baby and a 9 lb baby (as far as delivery is concerned).........well, they can bite me! Um....there is a BIG difference, but we won't go there for the sake of our male readers! Suffice it to say that I'm completely content knowing Judah is my last baby. Lord only knows how big the next one would be if I were crazy enough to go there. I think I'll just stop while I'm ahead :-)

Now that Judah has been home for a few days we are starting to find a bit of a routine. Although, I'm sure it will take a good while for me to get the hang of four. We have even ventured into the outside world twice now & lived to tell about it, so that's something...right?? I'm not sure when I'll be brave enough to go out by myself with all four, but that day will probably be here sooner rather than later.

For now, I'll just leave you with a few pictures of our new little man. Enjoy!

He likes to sleep.....a lot!













Sweet boy.


















Big yawn!


















Big sis sure does love him :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo Wonderful!!!! I'm thinking of you all, thanks for the update! You look wonderful. Was your midwife Jeannie Ward? If so, I LOVE HER! Congrats to you and the fam! Love, Amy Korf :)

Amber said...

Hi, Amy! Thanks for checking out my blog still :-) I forget that there are still a few hotel friends that check my blog from time to time. Jonathan came over there a few days after Judah was born to tell everyone, but he stayed in the basement-LOL! We will have to come over your way sometime & let Judah meet everyone :-)

Yep, Jeane was my midwife! I was her last delivery, so it was kinda bittersweet. The practice is down to just Jeane for the time being and Tara is coming back in November from what I understand. I don't think the midwives are doing deliveries anymore, which is really sad :-(. I wish I would have discovered the midwives 3 kids ago!

Anonymous said...

He is BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations!! I can't wait to meet your little guy... he already looks like a little White kiddo. Love you guys and I'm praying for a smooth transition into a family of 6. How fun!!!-michaela

Amber said...

Thanks, Michaela! We think he's a keeper even if he does look exactly like his daddy...guess none of my kids are gonna look like me! Can't wait for little Judah to meet your family. We need bigger houses so our crew of 8 kiddos can play more easily. That's kinda crazy to think we now require a table for 12 if we go out to eat together-LOL!

Anonymous said...

Amber- Judah is so CUTE ! THanks for sharing your story and photos! I can't wait to see you. Babies are so wonderful! You are going to be a great mom of FOUR !!
Love ya!
Jodi

Amber said...

Aww, thanks Jodi! Can't wait for you to meet Judah too. If I don't see you before NIKE then we will have to go out to dinner as soon as you get back :-).

Faith said...

Precious!! Can't wait to get over and see him in person. And having a 6lb baby and a 9 lb baby, let's just say that I agree, there is a big difference! LOL

I love blogs to keep up with each other even when life is crazy. Thanks for being consistent with your blog.

Talk to you soon!

Amber said...

Thanks Faith! Can't wait to see you again. :-) I try to keep my blog up to date for you and my three other readers, so I'm glad you appreciate it-LOL!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!