Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Please Excuse the Craziness!

The last few weeks have been down right nutty! My baby started school, my husband got "concussed", I signed up for another marathon, not to mention signing up for loads of PTA stuff at my child's school. My calendar is so marked up it looks like my two year old went to town with a ink pen on it!

So...today I had to have a little freak-out moment during my 60 minutes on the elliptical. I thought..."what have I done to myself"? Really...What. Have. I. Done? (It's amazing how clearly you can think when 3/4 of the lighting at your gym is "down for repairs" while you workout & all the TVs mounted to the workout equipment are also "down".) As I pondered what I've gotten myself into, I began to wonder what it was I would change (if I could). And you know what? I don't think I would change a thing about my life right now. I really do LOVE everything I'm doing (but, I still reserve the right to complain about it from time to time)!

Sure, I can't believe I just signed up for another marathon...but I LOVE what I'm doing & who I'm doing it with, so I wouldn't wish that away for a moment. I also love being involved at my kids school. I WANT to be up there all the time & if that means my bathrooms don't get cleaned this afternoon, and the sheets spend an extra day (or week) on the beds...then so be it!

I know my life is crazy right now, but somehow, in the midst of all this chaos I've found some peace. I don't know how, but I just have. My house is probably dirtier than it's ever been, my laundry is once again up to the ceiling, and my shower needs a good scrubbin', but I'm OK with all that. I know that by the end of the week I'll find a way to get all the important stuff done...and the rest can wait!

So....if you are planning on stopping by, I'd suggest you call before you come! At least give me a chance to tidy up the living room :-)

On a more practical note:
I actually found a way to easily plan 5 tasty meals & I'm totally excited to cook dinner all week ! Thanks to the Rachael Ray website my family will be dining on...

-Turkey Sweet-Potato Shepherd's Pie

-Harvest Creamy Corn "Choup"

-Chicken with Apple Gravy, Rice Pilaf and Green Beans

-Tilapia Clubs

-Not Tuna Casserole

How about that? Gotta love the 30-minute meal planner!

2 comments:

Faith said...

Your life sounds similar to mine. So . . . It may be like this for awhile. :-) You have the right attitude though, there will always be plenty of time for a clean house, when the kids are all in school (or college perhaps). hehe

Amber said...

You mean this isn't going to calm down soon? Hehe! I think I'm OK with all the craziness, as long as I'm still happy. If I was miserable...that would be a different story.

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!