Thursday, September 20, 2007

Apple Orchard Fun!

Last Friday Channy and I got to go on his class field trip to the apple orchard. This is one of my favorite field trips with my kids. We had a great time, and Chandler talked about "the apple tree" all weekend! Just thought I'd share some pictures...

On the Bus....

Chandler LOVED feeding the chickens.

He tried really, really hard to catch one...but didn't have any luck-LOL!

We got to watch a cider demonstration (which Chandler actually paid attention to for a little bit-hehe!).

Then, it was off to pick our apples!

Shine it up....

...and EAT!

Of course, you can't go to a farm without going on a hayride :-)

*Chandler LOVED this tree! We passed it a few times and he kept saying "LOOK, MOM... A MAN TREE!".

We bought a "peck" of apples (that's a lot...at least to me it's a lot!), so we had to do something with all those apples :-)

4 comments:

Faith said...

Looks like fun, and that pie looks yummie!

Faith said...

Apparently I can't spell . . .it should be yummy. Although the more I look at the word, the more either way doesn't look right. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your very yummy pie with us! You guys are such treasures to have as friends.

I love the apple pics of Chandler. Looks like such a fun day! Don't you just LOVE fall.

Amber said...

-Faith :-)
The apple orchard is always a blast...I'll be sad next year when Channy isn't in preschool anymore (The Kinder. class doesn't go to the orchard).

*Yummy is sort of an odd word, isn't it. But not as weird as "garage saling" that always looks wrong to me (maybe it is...maybe it's not even a word??). LOL!

Karen-
Thanks for eating that pie with us. I'm glad there was only two pieces left, because I couldn't stop myself from eating it all. I ate a piece for breakfast the next morning! Just imagine if there had been half the pie left...I would have had it for three meals a day until it was gone-eek!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!