Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Swing Sets, Swimming Pools, and Sonic!

Going along with this "Season Of Change" we are currently experiencing, the time had come for the backyard to experience some "change" as well :-). This past Sunday marked 6 years in the old "White Manor", and I'm proud to say we finally have something for the kids to play on in the backyard. Yes, it took us 6 years to buy a swing set!

After nearly going INSANE last year because the kids were climbing the walls 24/7, I swore that would be the last summer we went without a swing set (and we all know how I am about those promises-LOL!). SO.....I had a garage sale a few weeks ago & I let go of nearly every baby item I own!!! Yep, I sold about 95% of my baby gear, and ALL of the baby clothes. It was bittersweet letting go of it all, but it was the only way I could make enough $$$ for my kids to get that new swing set. If I was having a hard time letting go of something I just told myself it was all for a good cause (and my future sanity).

In the end we made a good chunk of change, and I was able to find a really nice set that we could finally afford. Of course, Jonathan had to "assemble" (aka: "build") the fort/swing set, which turned out to be quite an adventure in and of itself. Let's just say that swing set is staying here should we ever move!

*I think my sanity should be in tact by the end of this summer....don't you?

Jonathan had lots of "help" putting the swing set together :-)

After two weeks at summer school (on the BIG playground), McKenna has become a pro at swinging all by herself.

My one criteria for the new swing set was that it HAD to have a big slide (and a fort)! For this reason :-)


Maya LOVES to swing....ALL. THE. TIME!

Channy is just trying to figure out how to swing straight-LOL!

*I guess I don't have any pictures of the WHOLE swing set...I'll have to take one :-)


*************************************************************************************
To celebrate getting our new backyard "ornament", I took the kids to Sonic for our first "taste of the summer" experience. It was a blast watching them look over the ENTIRE menu before ordering. Of course we had to eat some of our ice cream IN the car (because that's just what you do at Sonic) before we took it home. I had so much fun watching them that night. They would go from eating their ice cream as fast as they could, to taking turns doing silly things down the slide, and then running back to the porch for a quick dip in the kiddie pool before they would repeat the whole process over and over again. By the end of the night the slide had sticky ice cream steaks all up and down it, and the kiddie pool was half grass/half water,...it was a hoot! As I cleaned up the ice cream cups, hosed off the slide, and drained the little pool, I laughed as I said to myself "this is what summertime is all about...swimming pools, swing sets and SONIC!".




2 comments:

Faith said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Hope it gives them hours of enjoyment, and you a break!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love the pic of the little hand holding the spoon.

It is fun, isn't it? I am having fun watching my kids enjoy the things that "made" summer for me when I was little too. It's fun to experience it all over again through their eyes.

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!