Friday, March 30, 2007

Toothpaste facial?


The other day I realized the house was way too quiet & my heart was immediately stricken with fear! I began looking for the kids, and as I turned the corner from the kitchen to the back bathroom I heard the sound of Maya's voice quietly jabbering to herself.

When I opened the bathroom door THIS is what I saw! After I had a good laugh (and took this picture), I asked Maya "what are you doing?". It was at this point that she furrowed her little brow, and gave me a look that said "what do you think I'm doing?" It was very clear that Maya, like all women, was inventing a new way to deep cleanse her baby pores. You know, you can never start good facial cleansing habits too early!


After LOUDLY protesting my "intervention" in her pore cleansing experiment, she surprised me by turning to the medicine cabinet to put the toothpaste back on the shelf. That's my girl!

Ahhh... it's nice to know I'm teaching her good habits at such a young age :-). She is definitely a girl....had this been Chandler's "experiment", he would have eaten the whole tube of toothpaste and then flushed the tube down the toilet just to see what happens!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those very quiet moments in the house. . .

I am surprised it didn't burn her skin.

The other day I found Evely decorating the bathroom with wet toilet paper. It was beautiful. I am just glad the toilet had been flushed prior to her playing in it!

Amber said...

Quiet=trouble in our house!

I couldn't believe how close she had it to her eyes and she wasn't even acting like it bothered her one bit!

Ah, yes! The ever popular toilet paper adventures! We have lots of those in our house too ;-).

Joyce Collins said...

Oh the memories! I found Jonathan cleaning the toilet with my toothbrush!!!! Yikes! Hey, I just posted something Tricia had fun with yesterday. I don't get much traffic on this site but I post the same stuff on my space and get a little more response. www.joyceshelpfulhints.blogspot.com or www.myspace.com/joyceshelpfulhints.com

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!