Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Random thoughts....and such.

Random Thoughts
*Today I received a anniversary card with a interesting message & a book of first class stamps. Yep, STAMPS! Wow....I'm touched??? The person who sent me this very belated anniversary card shall remain nameless....but those who know my family "situation" can probably guess who gave me such a "thoughtful" gift. Nothing says "I love You" like a book of stamps, eh? (*No, it was NOT from Jonathan....shame on you for thinking that!).


*We are well into the Lent season now, and I think I've come to the conclusion that most of my friends and family are giving up "blogging" for Lent. Anybody want to update their blog....anyone???

*Yesterday McKenna told me I was the bestest, most beautifulest Mommy in the whole world! Oh, and she also told me I have the "softest squishiest tummy skin too". Thanks, babe! I'm pretty fond of my "pizza dough" stomach too (hey, at least someone is fond of my flap that I like to call "abs").

*Maya has a "sweet" new phrase...... "GIVE BAAAAAAAAACK"! I love how the third child learns so quickly! Believe me, I don't have to fight any of her battles for her. She does just fine on her own! In fact, pretty soon I'm going to have to protect Chandler from HER! Jon calls Chandler and Maya "Pinky and The Brain"....Chandler's the brute & she's the boss!!! Ten years from now those two are going to send me to the "Crazy Home".
************************************************************************************* Random Pictures




I just smile every time I see this picture of Maya. It's just so...."her".

Me and Channy! The thought occurred to me that I should enjoy these years while my little boy is still "mine". I know there will come a day when he will give his heart to another woman & I'll lose the sweet little boy in this picture (sniff, sniff).


This is what I found McKenna and Maya doing one day! I LOVE how Maya is stuffed in a tiny suitcase for this "tea party"!! I think I'd ask for better accommodations :-).


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics, Amber!

Whatcha gonna do with the stamps?

Amber said...

Ummmm..........mail bills?

Anonymous said...

good choice

Faith said...

Don't use all those stamps in one place! ;)

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Do you get to go on a date? Hope so!

Amber said...

Bet you thought I was going to use them for greeting cards (because, Lord knows how often I send people cards "just because") or "Thank You" notes (wouldn't that make me a "good" person?)! Nope....I'm gonna save those 39 cent "love stamps" for my overdue bills :-)

Amber said...

Faith-
I'll try to hold back-LOL!

*We did go out to dinner ON our anniversary, but we are still trying to find the time to stay overnight somewhere. April is looking more promising than March :-(

I'm running the St. Louis 1/2 marathon April 15th, and we are staying overnight the night before the race....so there you go!

Anonymous said...

I bet I can guess who sent you those stamps!!!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!