Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My little monkey girl.

Maya has a new talent.....


...and I can't say I love it :-(

Yep, she's a "climber" now.
YUM...pizza crust!

Oh, and did I mention that she like to THROW things off the table once she gets up there.


This time it was just my camera case. But the time before that it was 2 glasses, two salad plates, and a dinner plate....all broken! (Sigh....) I'm not going to have many dishes left by the time this little girl turns two.

We all know that "what goes up...
must come DOWN".

The really bad part of her new "talent" is that she's only 14 months old and cannot predict a dangerous outcome from her risky behavior. Yep, she has taken 3 flying leaps off that table, all with the same outcome....a big bump or bruise! I swear that this little one is going to be the end of me! If I could only find a baby gate big enough to enclose the whole kitchen table....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh but she is sooo cute doing that!! You just gotta love 'em.

Hope you guys had a great weekend.

Amber said...

She is so proud of herself every time she gets up there too!

Anonymous said...

When Anjelia was that age she learned to climb onto the kitchen counter using the high chair. It scared me to death to walk in and see her standing on the countertop!

You are definitely at the hardest stage!

Amber said...

Jules-
Yep! This stage is WAY more difficult than the cute little newborn stage where they sleep all day-LOL!

Chandler was a "climber" too, but I don't remember it being THIS bad. Or, maybe it's just that Chandler didn't fall as often (he has a special talent for doing dangerous things without getting hurt).

Karen-I want to slap you for telling me all along that it gets EASIER once the "baby" turns one! Do you want to trade Evely for Maya for a week or so?

Anonymous said...

You can slap me. I still think things got easier at 1. It got harder for me at 18 months - which I'm in now! Wait - I'll just slap myself. There.

Somehow, though, our lives are getting easier. We went to the pumpkin patch and went in with NO stroller and NO diaper bag. Granted, we knew we weren't going to be in there for more than a couple hours. . .but that was a FIRST!! It was nice. Everyone can walk and sort of feed themself. Now if we can get everyone pooping in the toilet and wiping their own butt. . .ahhhh that will be bliss!

Amber said...

Today I went to the post office, Kohl's, and the mall with all three kids. I was once again reminded WHY I don't do that very often....somebody buy me a margarita please! Lordy! It took three hours to find two pairs of shoes for the kids. THREE hours, four potty stops, a bag full of "distraction" snacks, 1,000,000 threats to skip the playland, the purchase of two talking Halloween flashlights, and two sippy cup refills (x3 cups)...to be exact. Does anybody know when the mall gets easy with three kids?

Karen-consider yourself slapped-LOL! Oh, wait....is today your birthday? I think it is. OK, I'll buy you the margarita this time :-)

Joyce Collins said...

I sure enjoyed all the entertainment your Maya provided yesterday!!!!! :?) Hey, if you will e-mail me I will send you my slideshow of Zion. rejoicewithjoyce@sbcglobal.net

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!