Saturday, October 07, 2006

2 hours 30 minutes and 42 seconds....

That was my official race time in the 1/2 marathon this weekend. Now, I know that's not an "impressive" time by any stretch of the imagination, BUT it was my goal & I made it! I did actually run almost the entire race, but there were some KILLER hills that I had to partly walk in the beginning of the race & it took a little while to get going at the start of the race because it was so crowded at the start line.

Overall I had a great time! This was a wonderful experience & I'm so glad I got in one "real" race experience before my full marathon. As I was running today I actually started thinking "this is a lot of fun". Of course, there were bands playing and people cheering all along the way, so that helped :-). One good thing about running at the pace I do is that I have time to take everything in and enjoy it....for a really LONG time-LOL!

What a fun day!

"Going for it" at the end, so I could make it to my 2:30 goal.


My TNT teammates!


Tricia and Zion came to cheer for me too!


My VERY brave hubby even came with all three of the kids to cheer me on at the finish line. Thanks Babe!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo HOo!! I'm so proud of you Amber!

What are those black things that you guys are wearing around your knees? I'm curious. . .

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!! Your ARE Wonder Woman!!!!

Amber said...

Karen-
Those "black things" are patella bands. They just help support your knee. I should be wearing two because both of my knees were hurting a little that day, but I only had one.

Amber said...

Jules-
I'm hardly Wonder Woman. 2.5 hours means I was running over an 11 minute pace the whole time. That's pretty average for me, but pretty stinkin' slow to the rest of the running world-LOL! I have to think of these things in "personal" terms though, because 2.5 hours was good for ME. I love how you and Karen are my personal cheerleaders. I feel so loved!

Anonymous said...

You are SO loved!

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!