Wednesday, October 04, 2006

It's 1/2 Marathon Time!!!

Already???? This is what everyone has been saying to me-LOL! Yep, I've been training for 6 weeks now & I'm going to tackle my first ever 1/2 marathon! I'll be running in the Kansas City Marathon this Saturday morning. I've only run this distance ONCE before, so it should be interesting-LOL! I've been feeling pretty good though. I'm exciting about getting some race experience before the "big" race in January.


Oh, and I had a mini victory yesterday in one of my training runs. I ran 3 miles in 27 minutes (go ahead and laugh all you "seasoned" athletes). When I started running 6 weeks ago it took me anywhere from 12-14 minutes to run a mile, so a 9 minute mile is huge for me :-). AND....I felt great after I ran! YAY me!!

SOOOO, if you don't have anything to do this weekend, come downtown and cheer on the runners in the KC marathon :-). It's going to be a beautiful day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!! I'm so proud of you. Did you hear that Andrew C. has signed up for a marathon now?? I am thinking your have really spurred people on without even knowing it.

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you too, Amber. Isn't great having your own cheerleaders! I can't do the splits for you though. Sorry!

zibaby said...

nice work sis. Nine minutes a mile after 6 weeks of training is excellent. I guess those curls the last 4 yrs really payed off.

What's with tall the exclamation points in your post titles? do you ever breathe!!!????

bro-jer!

Amber said...

Karen- I did hear that Andrew wanted to run a marathon. Crazy stuff! I think people are just shocked that someone like me (ahem..."out-of-shape-mommy") is really training for a marathon. I think they say "If SHE can do it...I know I can".

Jules- Please don't do the splits! At this point in our lives that could mean a trip to the ER! But continue the "cheering"-I LOVE it!

Bro-Jer!
I just LOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you? I'm pretty darn pround of those 9 minute miles :-).

Anonymous said...

Hey Friend-
Wish I could be there to cheer you on--we will be praying for you (especially your knees)! Have Fun-- I can't wait to hear how it went!!-michaela

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!