Monday, February 22, 2010

My random stream-of-consciousness thoughts for today.

I'm tired. So, very, very tired. I'm tired of puke & diarrhea. I'm tired of washing sheets, and blankets, and towels, and PJ's, and then having to wash everything all over again. I'm so tired of being tired. I can't seem to remember what normal feels like anymore. I have a clingy, whiny baby that cries all day & wants to be held non-stop & because of this I get nothing done. Nothing! Why won't this kid sleep?? He is not a lover of sleep...but that is mostly my fault....it's my genes...he comes by that one honestly. I'm trying to be patient with this phase, really I am. I know that this time will pass all too quickly & one day I'll be saying "I miss those days when my baby wanted me to hold him all the time". So....I hold him & I sit at the computer and type blog posts while he sits on my lap and bangs the keyboard with his bottle. It's what I do to feel productive when I know I can't really do much that is actually productive.

My house is cluttered. I don't do well with clutter. I hate clutter. It drives me to the brink of insanity & then somewhere in my mind I come to the conclusion that the only way to solve my clutter problem is to burn the house down and start all over. Brilliant...right? I'm the problem solver in the family. It's a gift.

I ate pizza and Mountain Dew for lunch yesterday and today.  I also made the Pioneer Woman apple dumplings last night...they were wonderful, and fattening, and horribly, disgustingly bad for me...and I ate them anyway. It's part of the healthy eating plan I've been on. Did I not mention that? Yeah, I've been trying to eat much, much healthier this year & I've lost....nothing! Nothing...that's encouraging, isn't it? So, when my entire house came down with this wicked flu, I said "screw it" and went on a shopping trip that included fruits & veggies for my husband, juice and crackers for the sickies, and pop-tarts, and apple dumpling ingredients for myself.....because I'm eating healthy this year.

I want to move. I want to move so bad. If I could loathe this city any more it would be a sin, so I just try to despise it with all my heart most of the time. There is just something about this city. It's like, this is where people come to die. People who were formerly happy somewhere else come here...and then they die. It's a charming city like that. It's puts us right there on the map with those cozy little New England ski villages, and the sunny, fun-loving west coast towns where a "bad" day is one where it's cloudy for a few hours. Yeah, so come visit KC...where people come to kill their dreams! I don't think the city will post that on the welcome signs, but they might as well. I'm grumpy. And I want to move...but I think I already mentioned that.

I think I need some sun. And maybe a nice long run to go with that sunshine. Sleep probably wouldn't hurt either. If I got everything I wanted I might also ask for a WHOLE weekend away with my husband, instead of just the 20 hours we got to celebrate our 10 anniversary. Most people go on cruises, or take a nice vacation for such and occasion.  However, when you have 4 kids people think your asking for too much if you ask for 2 hours, so we really had it good when we got 20 hours!. I want to rip people a new one when they complain about "only" getting a weekend away with their husband. "Only"....really? I can't even go out on a date with my husband without the grandparents asking "so how long do you think this is gonna take".

  I just realized that every single last thing in this "stream-of-consciousness" post is negative. Yep. I'm not feeling ubber positive today, and I'm OK with that. I can't blow sunshine out my woo hoo all the time, that would get on my nerves real quick.  I promise I'll try a little harder to highlight a positive thing or two the next time I do one of these. I did sign up for a race the other day, so as soon as I can return to civilization with my germy kids I'm going to get back to the gym & run my little heart out. I'd say "run my butt off", but I think I already mentioned how well the weight loss efforts have been working out for me so far.

Well, two kids just pooped in their underwear at this VERY moment. No, I'm not kidding........gotta go!

9 comments:

Jonathan said...

"It's like, this is where people come to die. People who were formerly happy somewhere else come here...and then they die."

HAHAHAHAH! LMAOROTFL!!! That was good babe. Made me laugh at my desk. My dark, boring, soon to be vacant not-by-choice desk...

Love ya! I bought diapers, tp, desitin, wipes and paper towels at lunch!

Jodi, if you're out there: take my wife. Please! :)

Faith said...

I hear ya girl. I am craving sunshine, and I don't think I will get out of my funk until springtime gets here. Oh, and I have an idea-- move out of Raytown and come on over to Shawnee, Kansas!! We could swap babysitting! ;D

Amber said...

Hehe! Well, I'm begging Jonathan to look for jobs in Colorado, but he seems to think that it would be a tad difficult. to try to sell our home right now. I have NO IDEA why he would think that???? Clearly, this is a WONDERFUL place to live & everyone who lives here LOVES it! Houses are barely listed before they sell, so really I have no idea what he is talking about?? The 12,000 abandoned and foreclosed homes in my neighborhood are just a minor speed bump. Who doesn't want to move next door to an abandoned, vandalized, overgrown property?? This is every homeowners dream property.....(dripping sarcasm....). The drunk drivers that slam their cars into light poles on our front lawn nearly killing themselves....free entertainment! The homeless guy that passes out on my lawn in the heat of the summer....more entertainment! My neighbors two houses up that live in a 800 sq/ft home with 23 of their relatives, 4 broken down cars on the front lawn, 2 broken refrigerators, last years Christmas tree, and 163 broken/rotting children's playthings in the back yard...classy! Oh, and let's not forget about the 67 stray cats that belong to them as well. The icing on the cake is that they don't speak a word of English either....that's free "culture education" right there, baby! Who wouldn't jump at the chance to have THOSE neighbors? They will practically sell my house for me!

But....should I ever get to leave this "paradise", then KS/OP or something up north are the only two locations I'll even consider. With Channy needing special ed services through the school district those are really my only two choices school-wise. Unless, of course, my husband is willing to move to Colorado!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Amber! Especially the part about the grandparents. And I'm guessing they don't read your blog?!? (my blog is mostly FOR the grandparents!) We have friends whose folks are the same way, and I just don't understand.

Sending you love from Virginia,

theresa

Amber said...

Theresa-
Well, Jonathan's parents don't even know what a blog is-ha! They know that I have "this thing called a blog", but they don't have any idea what that is. They also don't use their computer very much :-). My parents get on here, but I don't think they read comments but maybe twice a year. To my knowledge they have never left a comment, so I'd say they maybe don't read em' very often!

To be fair to my parents...they have 7 grandchildren (soon to be 8!) that are 8 yrs. and under. They babysit A LOT & it wears them out! My older sister is nurse and she has to work every third weekend (sometimes every other weekend)& my parents usually keep her little guy for several days in a row when she works a long weekend. He goes to a daycare on site at the hospital when she works during the week, but there is no weekend daycare! My mom's mom just moved from IL to MO (1 mile from my mom & dad's house) so that my mom can help take care of her & that is another thing that takes it's toll on them! My oldest sister (yes, I'm the youngest!) works PRN as an agency nurse & occasionally my parents help her out with her two kids as well. Jon's parent's love to have the grandkids, but they have a lot of health issues & 4 little kids overwhelm them in a hurry! It's not that any one set of grandparents DOESN'T want to see the kids, it's just not always very practical for them to watch the kids just so we can get a break. The grandparents are popular people around here!

This too shall pass....

Anonymous said...

AMBER !!!! SMITHVILLE !!!! I am so sorry that you had a poopy day!
Jonathan...I am out here...just a little slow! I will rescue my girl !! OR...I will come and babysit so you two can go out!! Or both !!

Amber said...

Awww, Jodi! You know, Liberty is on the short list of school districts where I would consider letting Channy go to school. That's close enough to you....right? :-) No KCMO schools, and Lee's Summit is too far away & overpriced for what we would get. I wouldn't even consider Independence or Blue Springs either....so my choices get a little more limited as I cross bad school districts off my list.

Olathe, OP, Lenexa, and Liberty seem to be rising up on the list since we could possible look at buying something in some of those areas & the school districts are generally pretty good.

So, I'll see you NEXT Saturday.... right?? Looks like I'm running with Mary this Saturday, but I better see you next week ;-).

Elisa Seaba said...

Amber your description of your neighbors made me laugh out loud!! I saw Olathe on your list, now that would be cool...we could be running partners :)

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!