Monday, January 25, 2010

I Kinda Miss The Snow...

I can't believe I'm saying this, because it's sort of against my religion to say such things...but I miss the snow! Now, don't confuse this with thinking that I'm saying "I love winter", because I don't...that's just crazy talk. BUT...since I don't live on the west coast where it's sunny and warm year round I have to make my peace with "Old Man Winter" every year and just accept that it's gonna be brutally cold for a couple of months.

However, a few weeks back when the ground was blanketed with a beautiful fluffy covering of snow I just had to smile. At least if it was gonna be cold we got something pretty to go with that package! The fact that we also got a "White Christmas" out of the deal was also an extra bonus.  I'm pretty sure we got about a foot of snow, which is not the "norm" for our area, but boy did my kiddos have fun playing in all that fluffy stuff!  While I'm still not a fan of winter I'd have to admit that I do kinda miss looking out my window to view a real winter wonderland. It was pretty while it lasted...

My nephew, Owen,  roaring down the big hill!


Maya and Uncle Evan at the top of the sledding hill.

McKenna waiting in line. Wait a second....where is that child's hat? Someone should really tell her mother to go hunt down her lost hat on that snow packed hill. Goodness sakes...it was 17 degrees! Get a hat on that kid!

Maya was having the time of her life!

Ready to go!

OK....is that just plain cute or what?

*Chandler didn't make it in any of these pictures because he is a summer baby like his momma & he spent the bulk of his sledding time running to the truck to warm up so that he could go back out for another run down the hill. He wanted to like the snow...he really did...it's just not in his blood to really accept that 20 degrees is even remotely acceptable for outdoor playtime! Blame it on his wimp of a momma who stayed in the truck the WHOLE time & just watched everyone else play in the snow ;-).

No comments:

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!