Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ta Da!

We got the boys room mostly finished this weekend and I love how it turned out! We still have some more work to do, but at least we have a crib now-woohoo! I have to say I'm pretty proud of how my bargain hunting turned out. We got the crib for $60 & it's in great shape! I originally bought the bedding for $40, and I thought that was a great deal & then 5 days later I was at Target with Tricia & we saw the exact same bedding marked down again to $19.99. So, like any good bargain hunter would do we bought the $19.99 set and a few days later I returned the $40 set ;-). Grandma Earle came along and bought all the cute little accessories to match the bedding, because that's what grandma's do....buy all the cute little "extras" that parents never shell out the $$$ for!





































It's a bit of a "tight squeeze" now that we have all the furniture in Chandler's little room, but I think we found a way to make it work for now. I'm still not sure where all the clothes are going to go...but we will deal with that in a few more weeks. One thing at a time...one thing at a time........

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sooo cute! Can't wait to see a little baby boy lying in that bed! Yeah.

Amber said...

When we set the crib up I had to smile when I thought about how cute it is to see a tiny little body in such a big bed. I just love it when you find them all curled up, sleeping with their teeny little butt up in the air...I LOVE that! It's going to be so much fun to have another little boy!

Today Maya pulled a step stool up to the crib and peeked over the rail & said "Hey...where the baby?". I pointed to my tummy and said "He's still in here". To which she laughed and then replied "That's not a baby!". It was too funny!

Faith said...

That bedding is fabulous, great job Amber!

We will get into our new house this Friday so you can come over and hang out with me while I clean (I won't paint with you there ;-)) or whatever anytime next week! Call me (610-739-4469) if you are available. The kids will be in school and Neil will be at work so it will just be Ava and I!

Amber said...

Awesome! McKenna and Chandler start school on Monday & then it will just be me and Maya during the day. I'll call you next week & plan a time to come by and see your new house :-).

Anonymous said...

Amber what a cute room. I love both Chandler's and the baby's side! Your prego belly looks too cute in the post below.

Congrats again.

Mary A

Anonymous said...

Super cute room!!! ps- I still look more preggers than you:) Have a great first day of school. Talk to you soon.

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!