Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School Days

Well, we now have a little over a week of school under our belts and so far it's been going pretty good. The kids seem to have really nice teachers this year so that always helps :-). I have to admit that I didn't really know how to feel on the first day of school. Everyone was asking me if I was "OK" with Chandler starting Kindergarten & honestly I just tried not to think about it too much! He was really excited to go to school & it was kinda fun seeing him grin from ear to ear on that first day.


They are too cute!













McKenna didn't know how to feel being at a table with all boys!!












Chandler's cute little grin :-)













Now that some of the "newness" of school is wearing off I do miss the kids a little during the day, but Maya and I have found plenty to do to keep us busy all day. I don't know that this will be an "easy" school year, but I do think the kids are going to grow a LOT this year. They both really enjoy school (didn't get that from me or Jonathan!), which is such a blessing. Field trip month is also just around the corner, so get ready for cute farm pictures soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics. Cute kids! Man, Chandler just looks like Jon sitting there at that table.

Well, now you can concentrate on nesting for this new little one coming soooo soon. No rest for the wicked, the weary or Mommies!

Amber said...

I THOUGHT I would have time to "nest", but so far I've just been running around like a chicken with my head cut off! The first week of school I spent running around dealing with insurance crap, car crap, and the like. This week I've been getting us ready to go on vacation. Somewhere up in the attic there is baby clothes that need washing!! Does my ticker really say I only have 40-some days left?? I think I need twice that much time before I'll be ready-eek!

Anonymous said...

Great Photos Amber! Chandler does look alot like Jon sitting there ! It was great seeing you and your family Monday! Thanks again for dinner and the brownies! I could have eaten that entire pan ! I have also noticed that you and I have the same taste in Music. I left your blog up most of the day yesterday so I could listen to the songs! LOVE THEM! I am not much of a music buff...and don't buy cd's or anything....but love John Mayer, The Fray, and some of the ones that you have that I have never heard of totally love them! How about Cold Play ???

Jodi

Amber said...

Jodi-

Every so often I see a good glimpse of Jon in Chandler...but I still have to maintain that Chandler is MY kid! LOL! The girls look so much like Jonathan that sometimes people don't even think they belong to me! Maybe this baby will look more like me??? A mommy can hope :-)

I kept meaning to e-mail you yesterday to tell you how great it was to see you Monday! PLEASE stop by anytime you are passing through :-). I had so much fun getting to see you again. Let's get that girls night planned before I pop! I'll meet you in a few weeks after a Saturday morning run. I need to see Paula anyway to get a car seat from her, so it will be a good excuse to see everyone again.

Oh, Cold Play...I should add some of their stuff to my playlist. That particular site doesn't always have the music I want...but it's free & like you, I don't go buy a lot of music, so I just have to go with what's free :-) I was just having fun one day looking for random music that I like. I'll have to keep adding to it because I pull up my blog a lot just to listen to the music :-).

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!