Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My "baby" turned 3!!

Last Monday little Miss Maya turned 3 years old! She still feels like my "baby" in so many ways. It's kinda hard to think of her as a big kid now, but I'm sure that will quickly change once this new little baby gets here.

She had a pretty laid back birthday this year & we didn't really have a big "to-do" or anything, so she just got to enjoy getting presents from all the family members all weeks long (everyone dropped by to give her a gift on a different day).

Nana and Papa came by on her birthday & gave her a pink Webkinz kitty....












...love at first sight!













The princess nightgown was a HUGE hit as well!


















I did feel a wee bit guilty for not throwing a "big" party, so last Friday night we got together with some friends & had a "sorta kinda" party-LOL! Translation: "I made a birthday cake for a 'end-of-summer' BBQ we had with some friends & we all sang Happy Birthday to Maya" ...and we threw in a few more presents for good measure!

This is a birthday tradition for Maya...she has a "crying" picture from every birthday party so far. Some day she will come to appreciate all the attention that is poured on you when everyone sings to you at the same time...but for now she's not so fond of the Birthday serenade.








She is however fond of the other birthday tradition where people give you gifts!












Ahh, the "Fur Real" pig she had been wanting for so long!


















The cake wasn't too bad either :-)


















THREE YEARS WITH MAYA!

Newborn


















First Birthday.


















Second Birthday.














Third Birthday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, she is growing up! I looked at each picture and I'm happy to say that I was a part of each of her special days!!! sniff...

Her and Evely were so cute the other night!

Amber said...

Yes, you were there for all of those big days! Evely is even in the background of the second birthday picture!

Maya saw her birthday pictures this morning and started crying because she wanted to go to "Evwee's" house! They really are too cute together :-).

Anonymous said...

Amber -
Love Chandler and Baby "C's" room. It is perfect! You did a great job. And Maya is so adorable ! I am sure that she loved every moment of her Birthday! Thanks for sharing! Girls night soon...I think I will try and get an email out tomorrow! it has been too long!
Miss you!
Jodi

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!