Sunday, May 07, 2006

Baby Braden is here!




About 9 month ago, on August 11th (the day Maya was born), my friend Sara told me that she was expecting her first baby! When I called her to tell her that Maya had arrived she congratulated me, and then said "guess what?"........I'M PREGNANT!! I screamed out loud right there in my hospital room! I was SO excited for her and Aaron. Their journey to parenthood had several ups and downs, which made the news of her pregnancy just a bit sweeter. I felt so blessed that Sara let me share in the good times and the bad, because that's what true friendship is all about....being there for each other.

*Braden Michael was born on April 24th. He was a tiny little thing weighing in at 6lbs 5oz, and he was 20 inches long (I think I got those measurements right).

This weekend I got to go back to Springfield for the first time in 4 years! Maya and I packed up the car on Friday night and headed out to Sara's new place. Sara and Aaron just built a new home in Ozark and it was beautiful (sorry, no pictures...It was raining the whole time I was there)! I had a great time visiting with Sara, and getting to hold little Braden. On Saturday afternoon we went to a baby shower hosted by Sara's college friends. I had a great time visiting with some old friends from college & getting caught up on what's going on in everyone's lives. After the shower Maya and I headed back home. It was a short trip, but well worth it.

Hopefully it won't be another 4 years before I go back again! Something about having three babies in four years kept me stuck *at home* for awhile. However, I'm pretty sure there are no more babies on the horizon for me, so maybe I'll be freed up now :-). I think I'll trade places with Sara for a few years and let her be the one having all the babies this time-LOL!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing more refreshing and soul breathing than getting together with girlfriends!

Baby Braden is adorable!

Anonymous said...

You left for the weekend? Who was at home watching the kids, cause I don't remember doing it! Well, not actively...

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to get away for an overnight. It's so nice that our husbands let us do that on occasion!!

He is really cute. Sara looks really good too. I haven't seen her for a long time.

Amber said...

Jules-
You can say that again! Every so often I feel myself getting a little "on edge" and I know it's because I need some girl time.

This weekend was refreshing...even with Maya on board :-). In a few years I'll really be able to get AWAY for the weekend (no kids).

*Braden is such a cutie-pie!

Amber said...

Karen- something tells me Jonathan had it pretty good this weekend...aside from the "incident" with Chandler.

Amber said...

Hun- haha! Thanks to you I've been forced to watch Justice League all day-LOL!

Anonymous said...

Glad someone else is watching Justice League besides me!!

Amber said...

The second half of the day was spent watching "Go, Diego, Go!". Geez, I think my kids watched WAY too much TV today :-).

Anonymous said...

Anjelia absolutely LOVES Go Diego Go!!!!

Amber said...

Ahhh...Rescue Pack....Comin' to the RESCUE! LOL!

When you go to bed at night do the cartoon songs repeat over, and over, in your head?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know I do. The one that just gripes me and Tom is the Little People video where all the songs are by Aaron Nevill (sp?). We've started making up our own words to the songs.

Amber said...

AHH! No! Not Aaron Nevill!!!

Faith said...

So good to "see" you and Sara! You both look beautiful. Isn't it great to get away once in awhile? Makes me a better mom, I say! :)

Amber said...

Faith,
It is fun to get away...and one day I'll do it without kids-LOL! Maya is a great baby, so she isn't that much work....but one day I will really know what freedom feels like :-). I still felt refreshed after this little trip though. Hey, going from three to one IS a break in my world.

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!