Friday, May 05, 2006

The "3 Little Whites"



These are the "3 Little Whites". They are the reason I started this blog. I wanted a way to share a little piece of my world with the rest of the world :-). They are my pride and joy & also my #1 reason for complete and utter exhaustion! Whenever I go out I get a lot of "boy, you sure have your hands full" comments....Yes, I do....Yes, I do. I don't necessarily "recommend" having three children in under four years, but I wouldn't change my situation for anything in this world. Something about having this many small children squeezed into one very small home makes a good recipe for laughter! I've learned to live with a certain level of chaos & "organized clutter" that I never thought was possible. I've also learned that it's nearly impossible to "toddler-proof" a home. If you so choose to visit my blog regularly, you will pretty much hear about these three little kiddies, because they are the biggest "chunk" of my world right now. Someday, I'll get to pursue other interests, but for the meanwhile I have these guys to keep me more than busy.

*I feel that I need to put a disclaimer on my blog to let everyone know that I may not always make a lot of sense in some of my posts, that would be because I have been sleep deprived for the last 4 1/2 years! I love my children dearly, but I swear they conspire against me at times. I told Jonathan that I'm pretty sure they communicate with one another during the night to make sure I never get more than 3-4 hours of sleep in one stretch. They can't have me thinking too clearly or else their "gig" would be up.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful family! I'm so glad to finally see them. :)
Rhea

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! You did it. Love your blog "look". I can't wait to see what all you post here. It's a good outlet for you as a Mom. I know that many times I am in the middle of something insane with my 3 little ones and then it hits me that "this will make a great blog post!" Sort of changes your perspective on the situation at the moment.

Amber said...

I know...I'm so excited to have this up and going! I still have a lot to learn, but at least I know the basics right now. Come back often, I'll be adding new posts soon :-)

Anonymous said...

I will. I gave your site a nod on Casting Crumbs.

Anonymous said...

I feel like we have a special bond, Amber! I had four in five years, so I totally understand the delirious, can't form a single whole thought stage. I am still there and embarrass myself often. I am beginning to accept the fact that it might be gone forever. It's wait and see right now!

Anonymous said...

I am so talented. I posted that comment with Anjelia crawling on my head and shoulders! Our talents, they are many!!

Amber said...

Julie-
Much wisdom and talent you possess!

You are my hero for surviving the last 7-8 years! Really, when I found out I was having my THIRD child in less than four years time I thought to myself "Well, Julie is making it, so maybe I will too". You give me hope that I will make it through this time without going completely nutty.

Sure, we may forget a kid or two at the grocery store, wear our clothing inside out on occasion, and learn to survive on a diet of strong coffee and kid "scraps" (leftover kid food), but we are stronger women for it!

Anonymous said...

Amber you crack me up! Yes, sometimes I don't even make myself a plate. I just clean up after the kids when they're done. And of course there's always a strong cup of coffee somewhere in the house. Unless Anjelia has found it and gulped it down. :( I thought about becoming one of those pill popping moms (j/k) but decided to become a coffee addict instead!

Amber said...

My sister told me the other day that she was surprised I'd become a coffee addict. She said "aren't you worried your teeth are going to turn all yellow". To which I replied "Well, hun, that's really not at the top of my "concerns" list today". Somehow when you have three tiny kids that require all of your effort and energy, it seems a little futile to worry about the color of your teeth.

For the record, I'm pretty sure they are already yellow. I'll address that problem three years from now when I've had a little more sleep. This will also be the point in time where I address my need for bust enhancement, a tummy tuck, laser vein removal, deep pore cleansing, and the much needed personal trainer to help me find my youthful body. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!