Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008

This really is the most wonderful time of the year. This was probably the best Christmas we have had yet! We had a wonderful time with both sides of the family & we really enjoyed our time together with just our little family on Christmas morning.

I had so much fun shopping for the kids this year. I really scored BIG with the "day-after-Halloween" bargains I bought this year too (thanks for the suggestion Karen)! I went out on November 1st and purchased a bunch of 50% off costumes for the kids, because their favorite thing to do is to play "dress up". Well, my bargain hunting paid off Christmas morning when they each opened a huge box full of costumes. They went NUTS! It was so much fun to see :-).

Here are some fun pictures from our Christmas celebrations:
Here comes Santa Clause, here comes Santa Clause....











Judah and Mom-Mom White.






























Pop-Pop White with the girls.













I love this picture of Maya waking up on Christmas morning. Does she look excited or what?











Chandler got the Optimus Prime launcher he had been asking for :-)












The big boxes of costumes.













Is that Tinkerbelle and Hannah Montana I see?


















It's "The Dark Knight"!


















It's an Easy Bake Oven!!













Chandler spent the entire day soaked in Transformer heaven!

















The box says this dumb Transformer is for ages 5 and up....












...but there wasn't a child or adult in the whole house that could figure out how to "transform" that dumb thing back into a car!











Santa enjoying his first taste of way too much stimulation. Aka: The "activity mat".

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Christmas Photos! The kids looks so excited! What a great idea with the halloween costumes. Bumblebee transformer must have been the item of the year. That is what I got Josh's Girlfriends little boy and also what my nephew got. And yes...all of the adults had a hard time figuring out all of the crazy transformer 'guys"...so don't feel alone! Have a Happy New Year! I still have that gift for you! Maybe coffee on Saturday!
Jodi

Amber said...

You have a Happy New Year too! Coffee this Saturday sounds wonderful! Guess what? I get to return to the "Y" this Friday (I had to wait until Judah was 12 weeks)!!! I'm going to try running again-woohoo!

Anonymous said...

I will call you about Saturday! And that is GREAT news about the Y! I am sure you are very anxious to get back into your routine. Hey I did the Polar Plunge with Karl and some of the other runners today! It was the Global Warming Dash and Splash. A one mile run with a 1 minute plunge into Smithville Lake. It was not bad at all! I am ready for a fresh start to 2009 ! Hope to see you Saturday! Here's to 2009 ! Wishing you and your family a prosperous year !
Jodi

Anonymous said...

Yes, this was our best Christmas ever! And again, thank you for my gorgeous blue Epiphone Les Paul! I love you!!!

Amber said...

Love you too, babe! I scored some good brownie points with that guitar, huh?

Anonymous said...

Christmas morning is the best when you have kids, isn't it!!

Love your cute new blog look, it's great! I need to do some sort of update but just can't make the time. Maybe some year...

We have enjoyed spending time with you all!!!

Amber said...

Karen-
At the top left of my blog there is a link to the "cutest blog on the block" site. If you want a new background for your blog it only takes about two minutes to copy and paste the html code to your personal blog. It was super easy...and free ;-).

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!