Friday, February 01, 2008

Grab your hankie....

Some time last summer I heard Steven Curtis Chapman sing this song ("Cinderella") about his daughter & I cried right there in my car! He sang it live on K-love, and told a little story about the night he wrote it, and it was just so touching. It's really a song meant for Daddy's, but I loved it because of the overall message! I rushed home and tried to find it on the internet....but all my searches came up empty!! I told Jon about the song & how it made me cry & how I just had to find it somehow.....

Well, I'm a little slow because the album was released back in October, but I had never heard it played on the radio again (I guess I need to listen to K-Love more often)...until Wednesday night. I was washing dishes & heard the song play on the radio again & dog gone if it didn't get me again!





One reason this songs gets me is because our little Maya LOVES to get all dressed up in play clothes & dance all over the living room (but... she must dance WITH us). She will say "Hum on....wet's DANCE!". Just about every day I'll find her spinning and twirling in front of the mirror & she will say to me "Look mommy...I Cinnawellwa". I really need to get her on video doing that because you just can't acurately describe that kind of cuteness-ha ha!



*If anything this song has served as a reminder to me that this time I have with my children is SO, so special. It's amazing how God will bring you just what you need, just when you need it! I love how I was washing dishes at my kitchen sink thinking "does this work ever end?" & then out of nowhere this song started playing on the radio. It was like God was speaking right to my heart. It was a gentle and loving reminder to me that these years will be here and gone before I know it, and "I don't want to miss even one song".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amber, I too have been HIT by the song! I listened to it and cried so now every time it comes on I leave the room or turn the knob. It's a real heart tug.

It is a good reminder to cherish these years....Our princesses will be grown up way too soon.

Sometimes I don't get dressed for the day until 5:00...pm, and on the weekend I let my kids eat cookies for breakfast. I drank coffee (and sometimes diet coke) when I was pregnant. I use under eye concealer to cover up my zits & I bake when I'm stressed. If you can deal with all that....then welcome to our family blog!